C-Section rate HUGE in China




I know I'm late to respond to this NY Times article, but dang! Almost half of the babies being delivered in China are via c-section,  and mostly at the mothers' requests. There's some really disturbing factoids in this piece! I suggest you read the whole article if you get a chance. 

"The WHO, which reviewed nearly 110,000 births across Asia in 2007-2008, found 27 percent were done under the knife, partially motivated by hospitals eager to make more money."
"Women undergoing C-sections that are not medically necessary are more likely to die or be admitted into intensive care units, require blood transfusions or encounter complications that lead to hysterectomies, the WHO study found."

3 Responses to C-Section rate HUGE in China

  1. Yikes, that is so sad and troubling.
    Thank you for reading my blog! It's nice to know you :)

  2. Wondering how your organic mattress From Dax store is doing?
    I was thinking about ordering one too.

  3. I love the Dax crib mattress. It has no funky smell, the material is soft and the little one seems to like it just fine.

Leave a Response